Friday, April 24, 2009

Pre-Season Injuries that just don't go away...

Every Rugby player gets them, usually during a pre-season match with some college side or first year team. One clueless idiot, and your ankle is tweaked for the next 3 months.

So what do you do?

I go see my Primary Care Physician, Dr. Davis. I DON'T clog up an ER.

However, most humans don't use a PCP, thinking that it's too expensive. Bullshit. MDs like Dr. Davis are all over the country. Perfect for your HSA money.

The problem is that MDs like Dr. Davis are becoming more rare, and thus the sick and injured end up in a ER, clogging up the system. (Anybody live in MA?)

Most humans go to the ER, especially if they have insurance. Why? Because they don't know any better.

You're a Rugby player, and I'm a Rugby player, and I'm TELLING you, find a PCP.

Trust me, if you don't get a PCP soon, my guess is that when the Feds mandate universal coverage, it'll be too late to get signed up with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment