Thursday, April 02, 2009

That frantic phone call...again...a Rugger without a Company

G calls me. "Dude, my company dissolved. F#*$ing Dissolved!"

He believes he has no COBRA, because there is no company.

Here's what I told him to do:

1. Call the Health Insurance Provider. (800# on the back of the Card) "Hi. This is G. My company, XYZ Corporation is going out of business, and you guys are our group health insurance company. What can I do? Is there COBRA? Or, other options?" This might take 30 minutes just to navigate the "Press 7 for..." system. Be patient. Pop in a Rugby game, or a movie involving Swords. When do you get a human, GET THEIR NAME, and write down everything they say.
2. Get on my site and get some quotes. It is possible, in fact, mostly likely, you can get equal or better coverage from an individual plan than from the group plan.
3. If you have any R/x's, find a generic and see if Walmart has it for $4.
3. Call me back, and we'll discuss.

You'll be fine. Relax. Take care of yourself first. Let the former Prop do the heavy lifting.

My job is to keep you Rucking, even when your employer blows the final whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment