Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Old Veteran: to whom you take your troubles to... The Player Advocate

Every club has one...an old veteran who rarely puts the boots on, but is always there, at every match, home or away, at the pub, and at the BBQs.

He's the guy who drinks all your scotch.  And with that gleam in his Wizard's Eye, he disseminates wisdom to the masses.  He's seen the game "change," but preaches that the "fundamentals" will always remain.  He tells the best, and the sickest, stories.  He's the first to chat up a pretty young girl.  And, you're always buying his beer.

So, when the selectors drop you, or the coach isn't listening, or another player hits on your SO, whom do you talk to?  The Old Vet.  He's there to guide you through your challenge within the Club.  He becomes your Advocate, sometimes telling you what to say, and whom to say it to.  If the challenge is particularly nasty, he'll speak on your behalf to the "powers that be." 

Imagine a service like that in the Health Care world...a patient advocate.

One of the services I provide for Ruggers, all Ruggers is claims advice.  Why?  Because I know what I'm doing, and you don't.  If you try to fill out forms, you'll screw 'em up.  I won't.  I've been mauling with Insurance companies for over 5 years...and I'm as good as the Bokke after a lineout.  (Except for the last two Tri Nations matches...damn.)

If you know someone who's having claims troubles, health or property/casualty insurance, call me.  I'll help them sort it out. 

All I charge is a pint when and if we ever meet...

No comments:

Post a Comment