The BIG insurers want you to lose your benes at work, and force you into an exchange.
That way, they can pick the health people, and dump the sick onto state/govt-funded, insurance company run, guarantee issue plans.
1. All health care dollars, including insurance premiums, become income-deductible for tax purposes.
2. Allow competition across state lines, and allow purchasers a "Menu" of options. (Such as, I don't need maternity, or mental health coverage.)
3. $10/month/person ($40 for a family of four) goes to fund the local states Guarantee Issue plan.
4. Drop Big Pharma Subsidies
5. Allow the import of R/x from outside the US.
Anything I missed?