Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pass the Ball: More info on Grant Writing for Youth Rugby Clubs

Professional Grant Writer, Jessica Carlson, has once again come through with info regarding Grant Writing.

Many clubs fear this process, but it is an ESSENTIAL method of fundraising.  The Question is:  Do you go PRO?   Meaning, do you or the grant writer need to be registered with the State?

Here's what Jessica found out:

It's suprisingly easy to get a hold of the gov't...

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: RCT RCT <>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 07:57:50 -0800
Subject: Re: Registering with the AG for Grant Writing

Ms. Carlson,

Grant writing falls into the "Fundraising Counsel" category.

Fundraising counsels are only required to register if their total
annual gross compensation exceeds $25,000.

Registration requires submission of the application (Form CT-3CF), and

a $350 registration fee (check payable to Registry of Charitable

California law requires a written contract between a fundraising

counsel and the charity for which it provides services.  Section
12599.1(f) of the Government Code sets forth a list of specific
provisions that must be included in the contract.  The contracts
should be retained in your office and only need to be sent to our
office if we request to see a copy of the contract.

In lieu of all contracts being sent in, a Notice of Intent (Form

CT-11CF) must be filed with our office at least ten (10) days prior to
providing services with respect to a solicitation campaign in
California.  A separate Notice must be filed for each charity you are
working with.

Forms, the Government Code and additional information can be found on

our website at  I can be contacted at the
number below with any additional questions you may have.


Candy Hetherington
Registry of Charitable Trusts

12/6/2011 5:04 PM >>>
First Name: Jessica
Last Name: Carlson
Subject: Registering with the AG for Grant Writing

Message: Dear Registry,

I am endeavoring on grant writing and I need to know if in California

it is necessary to register with the Attorney General for grant
writing purposes.

Thank you very much for you time and response.


Jessica Carlson

If you'd like to contact Jessica for more info about grant writing, call Kevin at 800-605-5024 or email Kevin at

No comments:

Post a Comment