Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Drinking Team has a Rugby Problem

I know that's a popular cliche', but considering Lote Tuquiri's behavior, we need to talk about this.

The after-party, the third half, the drink up finishes off every Rugby Saturday. Beers post scrums is traditional, and a vital part of the Rugby experience.

Problem is, if you're out every Wednesday for dollar pints, and Thursday after training, and Saturday night....and Mimosas at Sunday brunch....and....and....well, you have a problem.

According to a new gov't study, 30% of adults abuse alcohol. Now, I'm not your mother, your coach, or your conscience. I am your insurance agent.

Most insurance plans won't help you if you go into a substance abuse program. In fact, Guardian Life, here in California, is trying to reduce it's Mental/Nervous/Drug benefit for Disability Insurance to a two year maximum, instead of to age 65. Most HI plans also have severe limits on mental health and substance abuse challenges.

I'm not here to preach. I'm not your Minister either.

But y'all need to be prepared for all healthcare contingencies, both on and off the pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment