IF YOU HAD BOUGHT AN INDIVIDUAL POLICY BEFORE YOU GOT HURT, WE WOULDN'T BE HAVING THIS DISCUSSION. TAKE A LAP!!!!Had to be said. Harsh. This is why you should buy a policy for your healthy family members NOW, before they develop a "pre-existing condition."
Here's six options for the UNinsurable:
1. Find a job with good health insurance.
2. Get subsidized state-guaranteed health insurance if you are NOT HIPAA-eligible.
3. Get state-guaranteed health insurance if you are HIPAA-eligible.
4. Qualify for Medicaid and other income-based programs.
5. Become eligible for someone else's health insurance or Medicaid.
6. Purchase a medical discount card.
How many of you are in a shitty job just for the health benefits?
I'll run thru these 6 options over the next week.