Here's what you can get thru your HSA:
Qualified medical expenses include, but are not limited to:
· Prescriptions (including co-pays)
· Doctor visits (including co-pays)
· X-rays and other medical procedures
· Over-the-counter medications and supplements
· Eyeglasses, contacts, LASIK, and other vision care
· Hearing aids
· Transportation to and from medical providers
· Weight-loss programs (medically supervised)
· Smoking cessation
· Medicare premiums, including Part A, Part B, Medicare HMOs, and the new Medicare prescription drug insurance
· Long-term-care expenditures
· Long-term-care insurance premiums
Okay, so you're a fat prop who smokes. You can enroll in a weight loss program, a smoking cessation program, buy supplements, and see a chiropractor ALL TAX FREE.
Remember, if you pay 25% in taxes, for every $100 you spend, you get $25 back from the FEDS.
My Chiro charges $50 a session, but I get back $15, so it's only $35! The Feds and the State of CA are paying me to see Dr. James. Ooh Rah!
Get an HSA! Get one now.