Thursday, January 05, 2012

"If I had known..."

"If I had known, that you've been a customer for 10 years, I wouldn't have done that."  Actual quote from a Sales Rep from my cell phone company.  Really? 

"If I had known....

...that I'd get in a car wreck."

....that you were living in a substandard apartment complex."

...that your husband was ill."

Here's how you turn a UNknown, into a KNOWN:

Ask.

It's a cliche, but ignorance is no excuse.  The CSR should've looked up my history.  The guy should've bought Business Auto since he used his car for his business.  The apartment dweller should've bought Renter's Insurance.  And, when someone gives you a shitty attitude, 99.99% of the time it's because of a drama in THEIR lives, not yours.

Sorry, seems off topic to insurance... but actually, it's spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment