Sunday, July 08, 2007

Are you two paychecks from being broke?

Disability Insurance. What the hell is it, and why do we need it?

DI provides an income stream while you're unable to work. According to the New York Times, cited by MedicalNewsToday.com, many workers lack disability insurance.

Now, I know what you're thinking. If I pop my ACL, all I'll miss is 1-2 weeks of work, then I'm good to go.

You're right. Injury, especially sports injury, do not often create a long-term disability situation.

Rugby is a white collar sport, we tend to be well educated with high paying jobs. Except for the visiting foreigners. ;)

Add to that a house payment and a couple of kids, and you have a HUGE need for DI. 3 Times more likely to need DI than Life Insurance, but most people purchase Life insurance over DI.

DI is a very personal thing. Call a local Guardian agent, because that's the best company out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment